Saturday, October 20, 2007

Lights, Camera, Action! Part 2



Waking up early on a Sunday morning. Definitely not something I normally do. However, today was slightly different than other Sundays. Today, we began filming segments for our online training course. A whole day of shooting, preparing displays, and other ancillary aspects of filming. Our videographer showed up at about 9:00 am with her crew, equipment in hand, ready to film. I arrived perhaps ten minutes earlier. Upon arriving, I immediately found my carvers hard at work, preparing pieces for the camera. I relaxed into my favorite chair, and observed the carvers at work. I have been in this business a while, and I have seen some amazing masterpieces, but I still drop my jaw in awe every time they create these breathtaking edible arrangements. The intricacy of the designs makes me wonder how anyone can have enough patience to create some of the pieces they do. Personally, the cat carved from from taro was my personal favorite! Shortly after arriving, the film crew arrived, equipment in tow, ready for a day's filming! Not to bore you with the minute details of the filming, but it went on all day. Unfortunately, we were not able to finish on Sunday, so the crew had to come back the following day to finish the shooting. We're presently working on the editing, script, and voice over. Hopefully, we should have the training videos up on the site within about about ten days, so stay tuned!!! www.carvinginstitute.com

No comments: