Thursday, October 11, 2007

Lights, Camera, Action!




I was speaking to an old aquaitance from my high school days recently. He is a now a respected author and consultant in the area of networking. Upon seeing my site, he bombarded me with different ideas of how to network and promote the Carving Institute. Every chef, food & beverage director, hotel manager and other professional that I talked to loved the concept of what I was doing. In fact, I had an opportunity to speak to the publisher of a food & beverage magazine in Las Vegas, who told me that every hotel would take this. However, one vexing problem remained: They are there, and I am here! How do I bring this art to the world without having to deal with plane tickets, hotel rooms, visas, contracts, etc...? He had shown the site to a colleague of his by the name of Lynda. As it happens, Lynda is a respected and successful publicist. One of the first things that Lynda said to me on the phone was that I should start offering courses online.

A light bulb instantly went off in my head! We do a good business here at the school in Bangkok. However, most people do not have the time or money to pack their bags on a whim and come to Thailand. Instead of simply bringing students to the Carving Institute, we are going to bring the Carving Institute to the students, wherever they may be! Any student can learn at their own pace, according to their own schedule, in the privacy of their own home. No flight tickets, no taxis, no hotels! We should have the videos up and running on the site within two weeks, so stay tuned! www.carvinginstitute.com

No comments: