Friday, October 5, 2007

My Boy Bruno





Part of why I enjoy having this school is that I get to meet people from all over the world. Case in point is Bruno. With his near constant smile, he tells me about himself and how he came to taking our course in Thailand. "I was actually in the States for over a year. I was working in Kansas City, Missouri. It was ok, but it certainly was nothing like the town where I come from in Italy. It wasn't where I planned on going, but it was an experience. I am only 22, so I want to travel a bit, and maybe even learn something!".



I was actually able to get him an apartment for the month in a building right down the street from us for a very reasonable price. It was great because he could literally roll out of bed and walk down the street to us. No taxis, no motorbikes, no skytrain, no subway, no problem! I did everything I could to make his experience enjoyable, as I do with all my students. I had an opportunity to take him out and show him Bangkok. He was amazed at not just the number of food sellers in the street, but the actual quality of the food they served. "This is really good, and I can not believe how cheap it is! I could stay here for a while on what make near Bologna" he says, flashing a wide smile. This is nothing I have not heard before. In fact, this is nothing I have not stopped saying to myself nearly every day! www.carvinginstitute.com

No comments: